Monday, July 2, 2007

Pressel's Giant Pony

While I never thought I’d find myself discussing fashion on the golf course, has anyone else noticed the size of the polo pony on Morgan Pressel’s shirt? I’m a Ralph Lauren fan, but the shirt she had on yesterday had the pony for the visually impaired. Do you think they were concerned that it would get mixed up with a penguin or a seagull?

I also couldn’t help but notice Se Ri Pak’s nautical number that was designed by her sister, Yoo Ri. She always looks great on the course with her fun and unique clothes as well as her swing and demeanor, but the blue and yellow combo for the final round was a classic. I'm looking for a photo to share and will update when I come about one by some legal means.

It's difficult not to comment on clothes and other gear observations when the sponsors and commentators are working so hard to keep us distracted from golf. I'm betting Nike was hoping for another air horn when Wie withdrew...again...after 9. She seemed okay twirling her club as she walked down the course, I wonder what part of "Just Do It" she doesn't understand?

1 comment:

Patricia Hannigan said...

You know what's weird? Last weekend Isaw a guy at a golf course in France wearing a RL polo shirt with the same super-sized pony. Not the same actually, his pony was bright orange against the navy background. And get this: he had a bright orange sweather draped around his neck. It was an awesome look, I've got to say, but I too wondered if he had some kind of advertising contract with Polo RL.