Monday, July 16, 2007

Everyone Deserves A Second Chance

As I sipped my morning coffee and half listened to the morning news, I was intrigued by the announcement that The Today Show was featuring a story on The Man Behind The Mulligan. Even I, the queen of mulligans, did not realize this term originated by someone in our lifetime and from the United States. I guess I should have known we would have invented cheating...I mean forgiveness...in golf.


I stopped taking mulligans when I realized my first shot was never as bad as it seemed and the second shot was always worse than the first. Why stand on the tee and take two bad shots when you can dash down the fairway and just finish the hole? I have been known to take multiple tee shots on some of those beautiful holes with a view where it feels like you could hit to the equator. But, only if I'm all alone at the end of the day.


Even though I don't take them, I'm a firm believer in second chances...on and off the course. Life's too short to take any one shot too seriously.

No comments: