Saturday, July 21, 2007

Junior Girls Gearing Up for Championship

The website is finally up and running for the 2007 U.S. Girls' Junior and it looks to be an exciting field. This is always a great time to watch the up and coming athletes that are sure to give us years of great golf as well as that deep regret for not golfing sooner.

Madison Pressel is in the mix along with other familiar names such as Alexis Thompson, Kimberly Kim, Mina Harigae, and Jenny Shin. I'm keeping my eye on Jennifer Johnson from La Quinta, CA. She shot a 67 in the qualifying round and recently won the Mission Hills Desert Junior golf tournament three strokes ahead of Jenny Shin. Johnson, 15, was also selected as the West Player of the Year on the FCWT (Future Collegians World Tour).

Enough thinking about golf, I need to go play some. If only I had started when I was younger....

No comments: