Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pak Starts Off Strong

I've always been a big college basketball fan, and after years of heartbreak, have finally learned to keep my hopes under check until the last two minutes. In golf, it's not usually the last two minutes, but sometimes it's the last two holes, and it's always the last two days.

That said, Se Ri Pak had a great start in Day 1 of the Owen's Corning Classic. She opened the day with a bogey on number 1, but corrected quickly and finished the round with an 8 under 63. I've never been a stats person, but it seems to me that she's won this tourney at least four times and is off to a good start. I might have to dig into that research tomorrow.

There are plenty of notables in the top 10 of the leaderboard. I'll have to see how Friday goes and whether the last two days, two minutes or two holes will uncover this weekend's final trophy holder.

No comments: