Sunday, July 8, 2007

Home On The Range

Another one of my friends came out of the golf closet today. I know it was hard for her to give up her complete identity as a soccer player, but she's going to be an awesome golfer. It's so fun to go to a pro shop and range with someone who's never golfed. Why is it they always head straight to the left handed clubs?

While she was testing out a few different models with the kind young man who got stuck with us, I snuck away to the range and swung all my clubs for the first time since my surgery. I was supposed to wait until the end of next week, but the pro shop smell was making me crazy. Everyone was doing it. What was I supposed to do?

The clubs felt great and my swing was back in no time. I even pulled out the giant Cobra M Speed Driver and let 'er rip. I'm looking forward to heading out this week for a full round of normal golf, no more of this chipping and putting stuff.

When I wandered back to the sales area, I found my pal crushing the ball with a hybrid 3. It's going to be a great summer after all.

No comments: