Saturday, June 30, 2007

Give Inkster a Mulligan

Some of you may have noticed the logo in an earlier post about Jay Williamson. This is the official logo for The Daily Mulligan and will appear in posts when a mulligan is given. You may find they are given to any number of people for varying reasons, but sometimes people just deserve a do over.

I’m giving two mulligans today. The first goes to Juli Inkster and the second I’m giving myself.

Juli missed the cut today by a stroke. While there are a lot of other great golfers under that cut line, Inkster is a class act and I hate that she won’t be around for the final days of the Open. If you caught any of the footage taken during rain delays, you could find her sharing a laugh or two with some of the other players on tour. There was at least one instance of total cracking up with Sorenstam. I enjoy seeing the camaraderie on the tour. More laughing, less sneering...am I a girl or what?

The second mulligan goes to me for the misplaced foot on the edge of the garden hose that sent me tumbling down the last concrete stair to the road. Full ankle roll, a good loud snap and multiple words I don’t like to include in my writing. I’m sure it will be fine in two weeks along with the rest of the package, but I don’t think I deserved yet another pain in my body.

If you have ideas for others that deserve mulligans, send me a note, I’ll do the research, the writing and credit your great idea.

No comments: